Behind the Scenes of Interlibrary Loan: What we do, and tips for getting your requests faster
Behind the Scenes of Interlibrary Loan: What we do, and tips for getting your requests faster Online
Interlibrary Loan (also abbreviated ILL) is a free service that allows current UMass Amherst students and current and retired UMass Amherst faculty and staff to borrow materials and to receive copies of documents from libraries beyond the Five Colleges. We can provide:
- Loans of physical items not available in the Five College Catalog, including books, DVDs, microfilm, and more.
- Scans of articles or book chapters not available online at UMass Amherst, including books or journals UMass holds in print.
During COVID-19, we've also expanded the Library Express program mailing library materials to your home address at no charge.
Interlibrary Loan's results can seem like magic; whether you've never used Interlibrary Loan at UMass before or you submitted 20 requests this morning, join Resource Sharing Librarian K. Zdepski in this workshop to get a peek behind the curtain at what Interlibrary Loan does, why it works, and what you can do to help your requests arrive faster!
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.