Access to Excellence: Navigating Library Resources for Equity Action Plans
Access to Excellence: Navigating Library Resources for Equity Action Plans Online
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is an institutional value of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Equity Action Plans represent an opportunity for faculty to reflect on our current pedagogy and to exercise our academic freedom to make improvements that promote the success of ALL our students. The overarching goal of the Equity Action Plans is to improve equity in student belonging and connectedness in the classroom and ultimately success. This workshop is intended for faculty who are looking for specific examples on how the libraries can help you accomplish your equity actions in your classrooms. Attendees will learn more about library resources centered around affordability, inclusiveness, and belonging.
Attendees will learn how the Libraries can support specific equity actions as recommended by the Equity Action Plans, which were created to improve equity by addressing persistent racial and ethnic gaps in student success and belonging in the classroom. The specific equity actions that will be addressed in this workshop:
- Implement Course Design and Construction Strategies to Improve Equity,
- Articulate the relevance of your course to students’ lives and futures,
- Recognize and Celebrate Student Identities,
- Normalize and encourage help-seeking and support.
This workshop will be recorded.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024
- 11:30am - 12:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.