Edible Book Festival
Edible Book Festival In-Person
Participants must complete the submission form by Thursday, March 30, 2023, 11:55 p.m. Entries must be brought to the W. E. B. Du Bois Library, Floor 2, RECESS, on Monday, April 3, between 10 a.m.-Noon. All visitors to the Library are invited to view the entries from Noon-2 p.m. and cast a vote for Best in Show. Winners will be announced at 2 p.m., followed by eating of the entries.
1. Each entry should be inspired by a literary work (fiction or nonfiction) or a literary character, such as recreating a book cover, creating a diorama of a scene, etc. Puns on titles are especially encouraged.
2. Entries must be mostly edible (occasional non-edible props permitted) and able to be on display without refrigeration.
3. A full list of ingredients must be provided for allergy purposes.
4. If creating more than one submission, please choose one entry for judging and indicate your choice by marking "judged" or "non-judged" in the Literary Inspiration field of the form. Both judged and non-judged entries will be eligible for the Best in Show popular vote.
Members of the 5 Colleges are encouraged to participate but we regret that prizes may only be awarded to members of the UMass Amherst community. But bragging rights are available to all!
Best Visual Presentation: judged
Most Creative Use of Ingredients: judged
Best in Show: people's choice/popular vote
Location: W. E. B. Du Bois Library, Floor 2, RECESS
- Monday, April 3, 2023
- 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- W. E. B. Du Bois Library, RECESS (Floor 2, South Side)